Arkansas-native Barry Deacon represented Riceland Foods against Bayer CropScience and solidified his position as one of the top agricultural attorneys in the country. Barry has fought on both sides of the court room, which gives him a unique perspective when trying cases. Recently for 2015, named one of the Best Lawyers in America in the categories of commercial litigation, product liability litigation, and railroad law. Barry has received this recognition every year over the past ten years. In addition to being a killer in the courtroom, Barry’s also one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet. His love for farmers is only rivaled by his love for his college football team, the University of Arkansas Razorbacks.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- University of Arkansas – Robert Leflar School of Law, J.D.
- University of Arkansas, B.S.
- President, Arkansas Bar Foundation (2005-2006)
- Member, Arkansas Supreme Court’s Committee on Professional Conduct (past)
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Member, Federal Court Practice Committee, United States District Court for Eastern District of Arkansas
- Member, University of Arkansas Law School, Board of Visitors (past)
- President, Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel (1994-1995)
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- In 2011, received the “Exceptional Service” award from Riceland Foods, Inc. for his leadership in the representation of Riceland in the 2006 discovery of genetically engineered rice in the commercial rice supply.
- Recently for 2015, named one of the Best Lawyers in America in the categories of commercial litigation, product liability litigation, and railroad law. Barry has received this recognition every year over the past ten years.
- Recognized by Super Lawyers in the practice areas of business litigation and personal injury.
- Recipient of Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating, the highest rating available to any individual attorney.
- Outstanding Attorney Award (2007) from the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel.