What Every Farmer Should Know About the Syngenta Corn CaseApril 18, 2016
Have you found the information surrounding the current Syngenta corn case to be both overwhelming and confusing? You’re not alone! Farmers throughout the Midwest have valid and pressing questions that need explanation and clarification. Here are a few common questions and answers to the enigma of the Syngenta® corn litigation.
- WHO is Syngenta®? Syngenta® is a multi-national agricultural company that claims to have farmer’s best interests in mind. THAT IS FALSE!
- WHAT did Syngenta® do? Syngenta®, the agricultural giant, sold its GMO Viptera® and Duracade® seed prior to receiving Chinese approval for import. Syngenta® made this decision knowing it could hurt ALL U.S. corn farmers. Their decision has affected ALL U.S. farmers despite whether they planted the Viptera® or Duracade® seed or not.
- WHERE did Syngenta® sell seed? It does not matter! If you are a U.S. Corn Farmer, you have been adversely affected and you have a case.
- WHEN did Syngenta® do this? The negligent actions of Syngenta® primarily occurred in 2013. However, damages resulting from the market affected years 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016!
- WHY did Syngenta® release the seed for sale without Chinese approval? Approximately 80 million acres of U.S. land are farmed for corn. Syngenta® executives chose not to delay the sale of this product before Chinese approval, instead, Syngenta® chose to maximize their profits and put your farm and YOUR FAMILY at risk. They profited while YOU lost!
- HOW did Syngenta® get away with these actions? They haven’t! The experienced trial attorneys at Phipps, Anderson, Deacon, LLP intend to fight this big corporation making them compensate U.S. corn farmers for selfishly damaging the international corn industry.
- DO I HAVE A CASE? If you are a corn farmer, you have a case! It doesn’t matter if you planted the Viptera® seed. As a corn farmer, you have been affected by the actions of Syngenta® and are entitled to fight for damages to your farm and your business!
Phipps, Anderson and Deacon LLP attorneys have over 25 years of combined experience in litigating agricultural cases. We believe farmers are the backbone of our country and deserve a law firm that works as hard as they do. We have the knowledge and resources to go beyond the surface to unearth the possible damages resulting from a big corporation’s negligence.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact Phipps, Anderson, Deacon, LLP at (210) 340-9877 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.